Wednesday 12 October 2011

What A Grub

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I dreamt of wearing the Australian colours onto the sporting field and taste the glory that sometimes falls over Australian sporting teams.  I would watch Alan Border and co and think one day I will do that.  I would set up games in the back yard and imagine that I was captaining the Australian side.  When I would play for the local under 11's there was a commentary track of Richie Benaud playing in my mind and it was only a complete lack of talent that held me back from realising my dream.

As I grew older and more bitter the dream faded, but I always held those that wore the baggy green in some esteem.

Not.  Any.  More.

It seems that some who have worn the colours don't appreciate that honour, and some again who fail to understand that if you play sport, you may become injured.

From The Rag:
"FORMER Australian cricketer Nathan Bracken has launched legal action against the sport's governing body, claiming a knee injury he sustained during his career has robbed him of hundreds of thousands of dollars in earnings.

The Rag understands Bracken is suing Cricket Australia claiming 'professional negligence', arguing the sport's body failed in their duty of care to protect him from serious long-term damage resulting from injury during his career."

So Bracken is surprised that sports cause injuries, and that is CA's fault?  I think they showed great duty of care for not selecting him.  But hang on, what is this from yesterdays edition of The Rag?

"FORMER Australian fast bowler Nathan Bracken is considering legal action after being named during a match fixing trial."

Seems there is a pattern here.

And is Bracken neglecting his own duty of care to himself by signing up for and partaking in Dancing With The Stars?  Maybe he can sue them too.  And whoever it was that told him hairbands are for men.


The gender reassignment surgery went well, but unfortunately they were never going to be able do much for the patients' Adam's apple.

No comments: