Tuesday 4 October 2011

Sad

How long now?  Seriously, how long until season 2012 of the NRL starts.  The grand final is done for another year and already I miss it.  And please don't tell me there are all the rep games coming up, that is nothing to get excited about.  So we can beat England, wow.  It is like beating your dog at chess, not very difficult at all.

Some of my season highlights:
*When all the colour ran out of Gus Gould's body.  It was like one week he was a ranga, next he was a grey ghost!
*Joey Johns shaking like a leaf at each post match interview.  Was he nervous or has there been some self medicating?
*Melbourne booing Vahzin Gallop.  OK I am not a fan of the Vazhin, in fact I have been quite critical, but all of those TERRORISTS in Melbourne need to build a small easily hidden IED and move on.
*The Melbourne/Manly stink.  It was a good stink, you have to admit that.
*Origin.  So NSW lost, but the crazy that Stuart brought to the coaching roll made it for mine one of the more entertaining series on record.
*Toddles.  In fact Toddles alone is my hands down winner for highlight of season 2011.  A thousand second chances, a thousand promises of never doing it again, and still the kid goes and gets on the cans.  And not just at home, but in some of the busiest areas of Sydney.  Sure he is a fool and a buffoon, but he is our fool and buffoon.

I am looking forward to The Bulldogs kissing and making up with Sonny Bill "I Will Do What's Best For Sonny Bill Williams" Williams.  It's my red hot tip for 2012.  Remember where you read it first.  (Then again the source of that rumour told me that Dazzling Des "How's The Hair?" Hasler had signed with the Bulldogs for 2012, so I wouldn't be putting any money on it just yet.)

No comments: