Saturday 8 October 2011

Vindication

That's right, vindication.  It's not just the name of a trotter, it's what I am experiencing right now.

Look back to a few days ago where I said Des "Hairy Head" Hasler was signing for the dirty blue and white cheaters, known by some as the Bulldogs.  People laughed at me, not an uncommon experience I will grant you that but did you see the news today.  Did you see what Todd "Goldberg"Greenberg announced?  That's right, that Des had scrawled an X on the parchment and signed on as coach for 2013.  Sure, I said 2012, and sure even I doubted my mail, but it turns out I was right all along, despite being a year off.

It's not very often I get things right, and some would argue that I didn't even get this 100% right, but for me and my dodgy 'put some duct tape on it and some silicone, it will be right' half arsed way of doing things, this is a victory.
It's nice to be right (OK, nearly right) sometimes.
After ditching the glasses for contacts and discovering the power of the comb, young Des Hasler went onto a successful football career.

No comments: