Tuesday 2 December 2008

How Many Years To Learn The Freaking Obvious?????

All right.

So I was severely berated by persons who will remain nameless for not getting on here and throwing my hat in the ring and saying in a loud and steady voice, "Oi Captain!! I am ready!!" so here I am to commence spouting forth opinions, ideas and theories that will make you think and hopefully change the way the world appears before you.

(I am new at this and throw myself at the mercy of the court and ask for their forgiveness and hope they will give me some time for me to really open up and spew forth truth and opinions of fact)

I want to start off with something that has bothered me for some time, and that is the medical profession.

I recently had cause to attend a medical practitioner. Just for a check up mind you, nothing too serious. As your potential head of state it is important to me that I remain in peak physical condition ready to leap into action should, hang on, let me rephrase that, WHEN I am called into action.

I wont mince my words here, I am a big guy. Not that big. I am not bed bound, not living in a house with extra wide doors, not booking two seats when I fly or shopping at specialty stores just yet. I am a healthy red meat eating beer and rum drinking bloke. Sure I could lose a few kegs but like Samson and his locks, I am worried about losing my incredible strength.

So I rock up, tell the mostly disinterested receptionist I have arrived and am ushered into the room to meet the doc. Chit chat is made, measurements and blood taken. He says I am OK but should cut back on the drinking, lose some weight and steer well clear of the gaspers.

I was dumbfounded, genuinely speechless.

This wasn't the first time the "learned" professional that ids the local quack has given me this advice. In fact I have heard that little gem each and every time I have been to see him. How many years at uni do these dolts have to do to tell me something I already know all too well? I would like, just for a change, him to tell me "Keep up the bacon and beer, you look great!!" Don't tell me the bleeding obvious, tell me something new. Idiot.

I passed the physical and got out of there before any of his university stupid rubbed off on me.