Monday 7 May 2012

Unsettling


Kids: Creepy

As I lay in bed this morning I was awoken at 4.30am by the sound of laughing, a child's laughing.  At first I thought I was dreaming and rolled over to continue my sleep, but sure enough, there it was again, louder and more insistent.

Now not much scares me, Bindi Irwin, an empty fridge, a Cronulla grand final win are a few things, and now the sound of a child laughing at 4.30am can be added to the list.

Sure, Miss Three Year Old's room is next to ours, so I got up to see what all the hillarity was about.  Went into her room and she is sitting on the bed, holding her bubba.
"What's so funny?" says me
"Nothing" says her
"Who is making you laugh?" asks me
"No-one" says her staring over my shoulder.
"Well cut it out"

I decided it was a good idea to get ready for work (with all the lights on) and have an early start to the week.

When she starts talking to the TV ala Poltergeist, I am outta there.

No comments: