Tuesday 17 August 2010

$6,500 for WHAT!!!!!!??????????

From today's Rag

Tony Abbott will today offer a $6500 bonus for long-term young unemployed who can find and hold down a job for two years.

Spare me...oh spare me days!

I am going to ask you something very serious here and I want your honest opinion, no matter how much you think it will hurt me.

Am I an idiot? Am I slow on the uptake? Am I missing something that everyone else understands?

So the plan is you are rewarded for getting a job, Ok I have been working for most of my life, with part time jobs during school and constant employment since leaving school. Where is my $6500? I don't get it? Why don't I get $6500?? I have worked long and hard and realised that the rewards for working include being able to afford nice things, ownership of property, freedom knowing no-one owns you. We should reward those long term unemployed with a job and punish the bludgers. I don't want to get all right wing shock jock here but yet again, society travels even further off the path by rewarding incompetence.

I am so disillusioned.