Monday 9 March 2009

Would You Like A Dictionary With That??

I spotted this sign the other day whilst working at the University of Sydney.
I don't drink coffee but would love to know what "barister" coffee is.
Funny thing on the other side of that sign they offer barista coffee.
And you want me to pay your uni fees too?
And it was "O" Week at the Uni last week, and I noticed all the new students were given a brick to carry. I had to ask why. This was the future of this great nation, I had to know what it was all about! Were they building a new science lab, maybe a new retaining wall for the dance teachers car park? Turns out as part of the initiation to the uni the first years have to carry the brick for a week.
I was gobsmacked and screamed with great gusto--SPARE ME DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
You would hope that someone who is to pursue a path of higher learning would flat out refuse and say no to the peanut that handed them a brick and said "carry this for a week". I know I would, and I am not at uni!
Maybe that's what they will teach them, first lesson, first month, an intensive course on how-not-to-be-hoodwinked-into-doing-stupid-stuff-by-others-under-the-guise-of-fitting-in 101.